Also see the latest news from Road 2 Rio, the QAS athletes’ journey to the 2016 Olympic Games.
- Christmas opening hours for QAS facilities19 December 2016The following security access arrangements have been made during the stand down period between 6pm Saturday 24 December 2016 and 6am Tuesday 3 January 2017.
- Female squad enters QAS rugby league program5 December 2016The Queensland Rugby League has announced its inaugural Female Queensland Academy of Sport squad.
- Curtis McGrath wins 2016 QAS Peter Lacey Award for Sporting Excellence9 December 2016Overnight the 2016 Queensland Academy of Sport Peter Lacey Award for Sporting Excellence was presented at the QSport 22nd Annual Sports Awards for the first time.
- Sport and science come together for Science in Parliament11 November 2016On Wednesday 9 November Queensland Academy of Sport sport scientists and researchers from the Centre of Excellence for Applied Sport Science, converged on the Speakers Green showcasing their technology at the 14th annual Science in Parliament event.
- Scorchers go back-to-back at Hockey League in Perth13 October 2016The Queensland Scorchers became the best in the west after an exciting gold medal decider in Perth for the 2016 Australian Hockey League on Sunday.
- Hockey national team announcements see Queenslanders selected13 October 2016In the last 24 hours Hockey Australia has made some womens national team announcements which has seen several Queenslanders selected in a testament to the recent performances of our players.
- Six Queenslanders set to represent at Road Cycling World Championships5 October 2016The Australian team for the 2016 UCI Road Cycling World Championships includes six Queensland representatives, with the athletes set to compete in Doha, Qatar next week from 9-16 October.
- Blades and Scorchers set for title defence at 2016 AHL30 September 2016The 2016 Australian Hockey League (AHL) is underway in Perth with the Queensland men's and women's teams, the Blades and Scorchers, aiming to defend their 2015 titles.
- Bittersweet final goodbye to Rio19 September 2016The 2016 Rio Paralympic Games have concluded in spectacular fashion at the Closing Ceremony which combined the essence of sporting traditions and the very best of Rio.
- Queenslanders open up Australian medal count on Day 1 in Rio9 September 2016The 2016 Paralympic Games kicked off with a bang with the Carnivale atmosphere we've come to know and love from Rio very much on display at the Opening Ceremony.
- Queensland runner Craig Burns blogs for Queensland Academy of Sport on his belief in the power of sleep11 May 2016'Open your eyes to sleep' by Craig Burns.