Road 2 Rio
Queensland Paralympians have worked tirelessly for four years to prepare for the moment their Paralympic dreams come true. With the 2016 Paralympic Games now just days away from opening, on 7 September, excitement is sure to be building as the enormity of this occasion starts to sink in.
The Olympic Games is a rollercoaster of human emotions, from the highest highs to the lowest lows, and the 2016 Rio Olympic Games were no exception. 108 of Queensland’s elite athletes joined the Australian Olympic Team in Rio to experience the moment they’ve spent four years dreaming about.
View interviews with our athletes to hear about their journey on the Road 2 Rio. In the first of our Rio Olympic Specials, we sit down with QAS Olympic hopefuls to find out what the most embarrassing song on their iPod is.
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Synchronised swimming
- Water polo
- Wheelchair basketball
- Wheelchair rugby
- Bittersweet final goodbye to Rio19 September 2016The 2016 Rio Paralympic Games have concluded in spectacular fashion at the Closing Ceremony which combined the essence of sporting traditions and the very best of Rio.Read more…
- Queenslanders lap up the spoils of competition in Rio12 September 2016We're well and truly underway in Rio. With Day 5 approaching, Queenslanders are finding their places on the podium with rousing performances.Read more…
- Queenslanders open up Australian medal count on Day 1 in Rio9 September 2016The 2016 Paralympic Games kicked off with a bang with the Carnivale atmosphere we've come to know and love from Rio very much on display at the Opening Ceremony.Read more…
- Wet weather does little to diminish Olympic spirit23 August 2016The 2016 Rio Olympic Games have closed out with a bang despite dreary weather, allowing our athletes to let their hair down after the end of competition on Day 16.Read more…
- Podium finishes highlight day 13 in Rio19 August 2016In some positive results from Rio in the last 24 hours, a silver and a bronze medal have been added to the Australian medal tally by Queenslanders.Read more…
- Rio results demonstrate the highs and lows of Olympic competition15 August 2016It was a day of mixed emotions from the Aquatic Centre on Day 6 in Rio with great highlights balanced out by moments that emphasise just how challenging being an Olympic competitor can be.Read more…