Road 2 Rio
With the countdown to Rio 2016 well and truly underway, we take a look at the city behind the Games.
The Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS) is off to a great start on the Road 2 Rio. On the anniversary of one year until the Olympic Games, the QAS is proud to have athletes in hockey, archery and synchronised swimming already confirmed for the Australian team.
View interviews with our athletes to hear about their journey on the Road 2 Rio. In the first of our Rio Olympic Specials, we sit down with QAS Olympic hopefuls to find out what the most embarrassing song on their iPod is.
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Synchronised swimming
- Water polo
- Wheelchair basketball
- Wheelchair rugby
- Final Queensland Olympic selections have been announced with 18 days until Rio18 July 2016The Olympic Games are fast approaching with only 18 days to go until the official Opening Ceremony in Rio. Queensland will be represented in big numbers with more athletes selected from the Sunshine State.Read more…
- Queenslanders continue to dominate Olympic selections11 July 2016The Road 2 Rio is getting shorter with less than 25 days until the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games and more Queensland selections have been announced.Read more…
- Queensland is being represented in full force with 44 days to go21 June 2016Queensland is stronger than ever with under 45 days until the opening ceremony of the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio and less than 80 days until the Australian team shines at the Paralympic Games.Read more…
- Young QAS Judoka debuting in Rio14 June 2016The number of Queenslanders on the Olympic team is increasing with only 52 days until the Olympic Games in Rio.Read more…
- Bumper week for Queensland Olympic selections10 June 2016We are well and truly on the road to Rio with only 56 days until the Rio Opening Ceremony. Queenslanders Tia-Clair Toomey, James Roberts and Danielle Prince have recently been selected by the Australian Olympic Committee to compete at the Games.Read more…
- QAS archers targeting gold on the Road 2 Rio3 June 2016Queensland Academy of Sport's (QAS) archery athletes Taylor Worth and Ryan Tyack have been selected to represent Australia at this year's Olympics Games in Rio.Read more…