The QAS Performance Health unit encompasses
Each specialty within the unit is committed to using the collective expertise of its members to ensure that QAS athletes and coaches are provided with an exceptional level of care in the development of injury prevention, injury and illness management and holistic athlete wellbeing programs.
The purpose of the QAS Performance Health Unit is to:
- Assist Queensland athletes in gaining Australian Senior Team selection and achieving world class performance results, by delivering best practice athlete screening, injury prevention, injury management, health care and wellness programs
- Be the knowledge and resource hub for the prevention and management of illness and injury in elite athletes in Queensland
- QAS Performance Health is committed to:
- Being innovative in its approach to facilitating athlete development programs, by becoming a ‘best practice’ leader in the field of injury management, and by developing and implementing cutting edge injury prevention and risk reduction programs.
- Providing sports nutrition services that deliver optimum outcomes with regard to fuelling for performance whilst maintaining a focus on nutrition as a component of each athlete’s general health and wellbeing
- Delivering sports and exercise psychology services that are specific to the needs of each athlete and program in terms of developing and maintaining a high performance mindset and focus, but with the capacity to provide support to individual athletes with health and wellbeing needs
- Maintaining a holistic view of athlete wellbeing and to the need to ensure that all services are delivered in accordance with international rules regarding doping in sport and with a primary focus