Sport and Exercise Psychology
Forming part of the QAS Sports Medicine Department, the QAS Sport and Exercise Psychology Network assists athletes to enhance their performance via ongoing development of their mental skills and abilities. A Sport and Exercise Psychology Senior Advisor oversees an extensive network of highly qualified service providers that work closely alongside coaches, sports scientists, strength and conditioning personnel, sports medicine practitioners and members of the ACE Program.
This integrated approach ensures the coordinated delivery of sport and exercise psychology services in both group and individual formats, covering a large range of performance and personal issues that may impact upon an athlete's sporting achievement. Services range from psycho-educational programs to develop mental skills through to individually-tailored interventions to address specific challenges. A confidential counselling service is also available.
Athletes and coaches can access the QAS Sport and Exercise Psychology Network by contacting either the Sport and Exercise Psychology Senior Advisor (07 3872 0165 Mondays only) or the Sports Medicine Administrator (07 3872 0160 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday).
Links on this page lead to sites not operated by the Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS). The QAS takes no responsibility for the content of these sites, nor does it endorse any opinions, advice or commercial goods or services that they might promote or contain.
- Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- APS College of Sport and Exercise Psychologists
- International Society of Sport Psychology (ISSP)
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES)
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AAASP)
- European Federation of Sport Psychology
- Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) - Performance Psychology
- Western Australia Institute of Sport (WAIS) - Psychology
- South Australian Institute of Sport (SASI) - Psychology
- New South Wales Institute of Sport (NSWIS) - Sport Psychology
- Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) - Sports Psychology
- Northern Territory of Sport (NTIS)
* Requires Adobe Reader