The QAS Athletics program provides a world class training environment and opportunities for track and field athletes working up the high performance pathway towards national representation and international success.
A key feature of the QAS athletics program is the Queensland arm of the National Jumps Centre. This initiative identifies and engages Potential International Class athletes to train alongside existing scholarship holders in a world-class training environment to build capacity of the program.
The QAS Athletics program also provides various ‘Training Access’ agreements for eligible non-scholarship athletes to access Academy facilities and select services.
Key program objectives include:
- Maximise Queensland athlete representation on National Teams;
- Provide access to world class facilities, services and support to enhance the daily training environment of NASS athletes;
- Affect improved athlete performance at pinnacle championships;
- Increase development opportunities for QAS athletics coach network.
Standards for athletics individual scholarships
The Queensland Academy of Sport Athletics program offers scholarships to Queensland athletes in alignment with Athletics Australia’s High Performance Pathway and National Athlete Support Structure (NASS).
All Queensland based NASS athletes are offered QAS Athletics Program scholarship support.
The QAS Athletics program individual scholarship support is guided by seven NASS athlete categories:
- Podium (Gold)
- Podium (Medal)
- Podium Potential (Finalist)
- Podium Potential (World Class)
- Podium Potential (International)
You can access the current IAAF A&B Qualifying Standards information page
Athletes currently on scholarship include:
- Alana BOYD
- Alberto CAMPBELL
- Alex BECK
- Aliyah JOHNSON
- Benn HARRADINE
- Carlee BEATTIE
- Cedric DUBLER
- Craig BURNS
- Dane BIRD-SMITH
- Henry FRAYNE
- Joshua ROBINSON
- Matthew CAMERON
- Matthew DENNY
- Michael SHELLEY
- Mitchell WATT
- Nik BOJIC
- Rheed MCCRACKEN
- Sally PEARSON
- Sam CARTER
- Simon PATMORE
For more information contact: