Statement of commitment
The QAS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of QAS supported athletes.
We aim to create an environment where athletes of any age, background and ability can thrive, with the resources and support to reach their full potential.
We have zero tolerance of any harm or abuse and will work actively to prevent it.
We will take concerns about athlete safety and wellbeing seriously and will respond sensitively and promptly.
We prioritise the safety of ALL QAS supported athletes, and we recognise athletes under the age of 18 require additional protections.
We will listen to our athletes, their families and our QAS community and continuously improve how we operate, always seeking to be better.
QAS Safeguarding Report
Report your concerns via the QAS Safeguarding reporting form.
This form is to be used by QAS supported athletes, coaches and QAS staff members for reporting a concern regarding the safety and wellbeing of QAS supported athletes.
If it is an emergency or if you believe a QAS supported athlete is in immediate danger or a life-threatening situation, please phone Triple Zero (000). Then proceed to record and submit your report.
- Guide for responding to safeguarding concerns at the QAS
- Communicating with QAS Supported Athletes
- Physical Contact with QAS Supported Athletes
- Maintaining Professional Boundaries with QAS Supported Athletes
- Recognising Abuse in Sport
- Raising Concerns About Abuse in Sport
- What Should I Expect of Others at the QAS
- What is Expected of Me as a QAS Supported Athlete
- Safe Environments for QAS Supported Athletes
- Click to view QAS Safeguarding support for athletes poster
Last updated: 14 Feb 2024