Research and Innovation
At the Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS), we are positioned as an innovative leader in performance solutions through our Sport Performance Innovation and Knowledge Excellence (SPIKE) initiative.
SPIKE connects us with global research groups, linking government agencies, universities, industry partners, and the high-performance sports community. SPIKE serves five key functions:
- Network Building: We cultivate and support networks focused on enhancing athlete performance.
- Ethical Research: SPIKE facilitates ethical research projects with tangible and impactful outcomes for high-performance sports, athletes, practitioners and challenges.
- Knowledge Dissemination: SPIKE actively shares leading research findings and innovations with Queensland's sports and industry stakeholders. We frequently host informative sessions to share this information with the Queensland high performance community.
- Supporting Future Practitioners: We champion the next generation of sports practitioners and researchers by offering postgraduate research scholarships and project support in collaboration with universities and other sports partners.
- Technological Advancement: We invest in specialised technologies to aid athletes, coaches, and support staff in monitoring and enhancing performance.
Clearinghouse for Sport Knowledge Hub
The Clearinghouse for Sport is the information and knowledge sharing platform for Australian sport. It offers access to valuable resources including access to online databases such as SPORT Discus and a variety of full-text journals.
Thank you to our existing collaborations.
UQ, QUT, Griffith, ACU, USC, Bond, CQU, Latrobe, Deakin, Uni of Canberra, Edith Cowan Uni, CSIRO, AIS, Cape Bionics
Collaborate with SPIKE
Interested industry and research organisations can contact us at QASSpike@dtis.qld.gov.au for collaboration inquiries.
Last updated: 20 Nov 2023