Policies and procedures
Information about the policies and procedures related to the Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS), coaches and athletes.
Athlete safeguarding statement of commitment
The QAS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of QAS supported athletes.
We aim to create an environment where athletes of any age, background and ability can thrive, with the resources and support to reach their full potential.
We have zero tolerance of any harm or abuse and will work actively to prevent it.
We will take concerns about athlete safety and wellbeing seriously and will respond sensitively and promptly.
We prioritise the safety of ALL QAS supported athletes, and we recognise athletes under the age of 18 require additional protections.
We will listen to our athletes, their families and our QAS community and continuously improve how we operate, always seeking to be better.
Athlete Safeguarding Resources
- Communicating with QAS Supported Athletes
- Physical Contact with QAS Supported Athletes
- Maintaining Professional Boundaries with QAS Supported Athletes
- Recognising Abuse in Sport
- Raising Concerns About Abuse in Sport
- What Should I Expect of Others at the QAS
- What is Expected of Me as a QAS Supported Athlete
- Safe Environments for QAS Supported Athletes
QAS is accredited through the National Sport Science Quality Assurance Program, an initiative of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS).
Physical performance coaches
All coaches are university graduates and are accredited with the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA), which is the peak national body for strength and conditioning professionals in Australia.
Additionally, each coach is required to be accredited with the ASCA Professional Coach Accreditation Scheme (PCAS).
Nutrition network providers
Our providers all:
- have completed a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics
- are an Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD)
- are a current member of Sports Dietitians Australia (SDA).
Governance for performance
QAS adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Child Protection Policy and Procedure (PDF, 476.4KB)
- QAS code of conduct for interacting with children and young people (PDF, 186.2KB)
- QAS Anti-doping policy (PDF, 321.9KB)
- World Anti-Doping Authority (WADA)
- Sport Integrity Australia
- your national sporting organisation.
Last updated: 09 Nov 2022