QAS Athlete Advisory Group – Seeking Up to Four New Members
The Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS) is calling on current or former QAS supported athletes who are committed to representing the athlete voice and have a strong desire to contribute to the QAS Athlete Journey and devote the time required to engage with the broader QAS athlete community.
What is the Athlete Advisory Group (AAG) purpose?
The purpose of the AAG is to engage and represent the views and interests of athletes and to provide advice and recommendations to the QAS General Manager and Advisory Board on all athlete matters pertaining to the QAS athletes’ experience in high performance sport. The AAG plays a crucial role in aligning with the QAS value of ‘Start with the Athlete’.
In a snapshot, the role of the AAG member is to:
- Provide insights into matters relating to their and other athletes’ experience in high performance sport.
- Contribute to the development and promotion of QAS initiatives and areas that positively impact athlete development.
- Actively engage with and seek feedback from the QAS athlete community and constructively present this information at AAG meetings.
Why should you get involved?
- By being an active member of the AAG, you will be given the opportunity to make a real contribution to how QAS operates, improving the services we offer and impacting the experience for athletes now and into the future.
- It is an excellent development opportunity, providing a chance to build valuable experience for career after sport.
What does being an AAG member involve?
- As an AAG member, expect to engage in pivotal discussions at least four times throughout the year to influence the future of athletes at the QAS.
- Meetings will feature a combination of QAS-directed agenda items and athlete-raised issues, fostering a balanced and representative dialogue.
- Conclusions and discussion points from the meetings will be reported to the QAS management and Board.
How to get involved?
Express your interest online via the link today https://forms.office.com/r/2fr6aRJAbQ
Please note we will be seeking to fill up to four AAG member roles.
The deadline for expressions of interest is 5 pm, Friday 16 February 2024.
To be eligible for consideration you must be 18 years of age or above at the time of applying.
If you have any questions, please contact Lara Davenport QAS Athlete Wellbeing & Engagement Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 06 Feb 2024